Location: Evanston, IL
Total Floor Area: 31,295 SF
Date Completed: August 2010
LEED™ Certification: Gold
The Harris Hall renovation project took on the task of modernizing this historic 1915 building, designed by the same architects responsible for the Chicago Cultural Center and the Art Institute of Chicago. Originally designated for the Department of Social Sciences, this is the first complete renovation of this facility, which now houses the University’s Department of History. The renovation included new faculty offices, faculty lounge, staff offices, lounge and study spaces for graduate students, and the new Center for Historical Studies.
Successfully working with the challenges of incorporating modern MEP systems into a century-old building, E Cube provided LEED Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning services for the major MEP systems. These systems included campus chilled water and steam, high-efficiency air handling units utilizing energy recovery and demand controlled ventilation, and active chilled beams throughout.