Improvements to Littleton Public Schools facilities across the district are underway, following the passage of the $80 million bond in November 2013. The much-needed work improves safety, prolongs the life of the aging schools, and improves the learning environment for students and staff. The bond work results in updated security systems, updated fire alarm systems, faster high-speed internet, repaired roofs, and improved mass notification systems. Heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems were improved, which means they run more quietly and efficiently.
E Cube was contracted for commissioning services by the Mechanical Contractor (Frontier Mechanical) at the direction of the Littleton Public School District.
Common improvements to all the buildings:
- Replace heating, cooling, and ventilation systems and temperature controls
- Upgrade fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems
- Expand technology infrastructure to support a one-to-one learning environment
- Replace outdated electrical systems
Key E Cube Services for this project
- Pre-functional (installation) review of equipment and systems
- Oversight and review of contractor testing and startup procedures and documentation
- Oversight of Test & Balance contract, procedures and performance
- Functional (operational) review of equipment, systems, and controls
- O&M manual coordination and review
- Owner training oversight, supervision, and review
- Commissioning Report